- How do I obtain or renew my Passport?
For information on passports and passport renewal, please visit travel.state.gov (US citizens) or http://embassy.goabroad.com/ (for all non-US citizens). Please also contact email@example.com if you have any questions about obtaining a passport, and, if you need a passport quickly, for a letter needed to request same day passport service (available only for US citizens). Additionally, the Office of Global Services will host a Passport Drive on October 14 from 10am-2pm at 383 Lafayette Street. Click here to register for an appointment.
Remember, your passport MUST be valid for 6 months beyond your return date. For Spring 2017, that means through November 2017.
- Do I need a visa and how do I get one?
The Office of Global Services will be in touch with you throughout the semester to notify you of important deadlines and to make sure you have the materials you need to secure your visa.
The Office of Global Services works with ALL students studying abroad, whether you are an NYU student or a visiting student participating in an NYU program.
OGS in New York coordinates with Abu Dhabi’s Office of Global Education and Shanghai’s Student Mobility Team to help students navigate the immigration and visa process. For questions about the visa process please use the following contacts:
- All Students: New York’s Office of Global Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU Abu Dhabi Degree students and students currently studying in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi’s Office of Global Education – email@example.com
- NYU Shanghai Degree Students and students currently studying in Shanghai: Shanghai’s Student Mobility Team – firstname.lastname@example.org